FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I place an order?
There are several ways to place an order but all orders are confirmed via email. Please send a description of the design you have in mind, or if you are unsure, please include information on what the occasion is, if there is a theme or a color scheme to work with.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 650.703.5151 (you may call, but text is preferred)
What details do you need from me?
The more details, the better. But of course, there are some pertinent details needed prior to confirming your booking.
- Event date
- Occasion details (wedding, birthday, baby shower, Christening, graduation, etc.)
- Details about who the cake is for (grandma who loves to travel, baby girl, 30th birthday celebrant who loves the Beatles, etc.)
- Flavor combination
- Number of cake servings needed
- Design idea - either send a detailed description of what you want or if you have photos of a specific design, please include
How do I confirm my order?
Orders are not confirmed until a 50% deposit has been received. The remainder is due two weeks prior to the event date. If the order is placed with less than a two week lead time, full payment is required upon booking.
What forms of payment do you accept?
I take many forms of payment from PayPal, Venmo, cash or check.
Can I cancel and order?
Orders can be canceled for a full refund within 10 days. Any cancellations after that are subject to the forfeit of the full deposit. Please understand that other orders are turned down when I reserve a date for you.
If the order is placed with less thank a two week lead time, there is a no cancellation policy.
How far in advance should I book?
- Wedding cakes can be booked as far out as six months. I only accept one wedding cake order per weekend as I want to give it my utmost attention. I do not book anything earlier than six months. I am a one-woman team so I need to take my schedule into consideration as well.
- Celebration cakes need at least two weeks notice from the date of the occasion.
Do you deliver?
Since I am a one-woman team, my time is best spent baking and decorating cakes rather than delivering, so all celebration cakes need to be picked up. Only wedding cakes and 3D/sculpted cakes are delivered for a fee as they mostly require on-site set-up.
How do you calculate delivery fee?
Delivery fees are calculated by distance traveled and set-up time.
How do you price your cakes?
Pricing a cake is like pricing a piece of art - the factors that need to be considered include hours spent baking and decorating, amount of details and personalization, construction of the cake structure (if 3D), and of course, the number of servings.